How to Refuse a Sale to a Minor
Refusing a sale can be hard. The following information can be helpful when refusing to sell tobacco products without the proper form of ID.
- Do not sell any tobacco products without a valid form of ID.
- E-cigarettes are considered a tobacco product by the Food and Drug Administration and cannot be sold to anyone under the age of 18. Under Nevada law, vapor products are age restricted and cannot be sold to anyone under the age of 18.
- Politely tell the customer that you cannot sell him/her the tobacco product, you can say:
- “Sorry, I can’t sell this product to you.”
- “It’s the law.”
- “I can be fined.”
- If you ask a customer for a valid form of ID and they say that they do not have one, do not sell the products.